I'm always jealous of people whose homes smell amazing. How do they do it?
First tackle the bad stuff.
·Get rid of moisture. It's the number one cause of household odors.
- Out with the obvious:
- Garbage pails – clean it inside and out at least once a month and maybe keep a bit of kitty litter at the bottom of the pail to absorb smells.
- Pet beds – launder them regularly
- Litter box – scoop it every day
- Open the fridge
- Toss anything past its prime (the worst offenders are condiments)
- Scrub the inside (stay away from bleach)
- Clean soft surfaces. Carpets, throw pillows, upholstery, bed linens, and window covers are magnets for smells.
Then bring in the good!
- Open the window for fresh air.
- Try an odor neutralizer that doesn’t add a scent.
- Find subtle ways to add scents: essential oil diffusers, fabric refresher sprays, baking soda cachets
- Strong scents aren’t always best.Steer clear of sugary scents and stick to more natural ones, like woods, florals, and citrus.
Choose the scent that compliments YOUR home HERE